RFID Check-In Update

I started hacking on the RFID Check-In earlier in the week; building on the work that cmrn and devdsp had started.

So far my contributions have been minor. I increased the stability of the Seeeduino by drilling holes in the bottom of the inner case and mounting the board using risers. I also used double sided tape to keep the LCD screen from falling back into the case.

Today selene and I dug around for a plastic case to keep the antenna safe. We ended up discovering that a tape case was the perfect size to fit the antenna. Below is what the end result looks like.

RFID Tapecase Shield

My next plan is to add a personalised welcome for people who register their RFID tag into the database.