We moved into our new space at 17 Tucana St, Giralang in September 2016, after being at Ginninderra House in Belconnen since January 2014, and Downer since 2011. Please come along and check us out at our next meetup, or any time we are open. Check the calendar or the mailing list for opening times. If you would like to support our community please join MakeHackVoid.
You are welcome to subscribe to the Makers mailing list, join the IRC channel, or follow us on Twitter or Facebook.
- Meeting areas with space for working on projects
- Electronics area with various soldering & desoldering tools, scopes and meters
- 3D printing & scanning, small scale CNC engraver and large format plotter/cutter
- Machine area: Heavy benches, machine tools, welder, power tools – for heavy duty projects
- Informal area, for chilling out on the couch
- Convenient flight testing areas nearby
- Adjacent to Giralang oval/playing fields
- Potential outdoor gardening areas
- Internet access
Before visiting the space
The space is a workshop, so we require enclosed shoes to be worn while visiting MakeHackVoid. There are rules that apply in the space for everyone’s safety & enjoyment.
Our street address is:
17 Tucana St
Giralang ACT 2617
The building is within two minutes walking distance from the "Canopus Cr after Tucana St" bus stop for the 30 & 932 buses, and five minutes walk from the "Baldwin Dr after Chuculba Cr" bus stop for the 250 & 954 buses. For bus routes and timetables see the ACTION website.
The old space in Belconnen:
The old space in Downer:
More photos on flickr.